Why would you write in your Bible? Marking our Bibles is a great way to make it personal. It helps us to get it into our heart and to have a ready answer. Tim and Josh discuss different types of Bible marking with lots of examples of what they've found to be helpful.
- What is Bible marking? Why do it?
- Wide margin Bibles
- Getting into a routine
Why Personalize Your Bible?
- Duty of a King to write out the law (Deuteronomy 17:18)
- It is about getting it into your heart (Proverbs 7:1-3)
Types of Bible Marking
- Identifying words
- Love – Agape / Phileo (1 Peter 1:22)
- God – El / Elohim
- Church – Ecclesia
- World – Kosmos / Aion
- Character traits of God (Exodus 34:6)
- Contextual repetition
- Seeing the context (Genesis 11:1-9; Luke 12:16-21; Mark 12:30,33 cp. v.44; Matthew 4:1-10)
- Understanding organization and structure (Revelation 1-3; Matthew 5; Zechariah 1-6)
- Topical notes / Theme studies
- Using the back of your Bible
- Chain reference marking